EFIC - CLUSTER OF CLUSTERS
DID JOINS EFIC - CLUSTER OF CLUSTERS !!!
EFIC supports deeper harmonization of the EU internal market, believes that there is untapped potential for European SMEs and that clear and simple legal requirements are essential.
EFIC believes in open and rules-based international trade, with EU rules applicable to both products manufactured in the EU and those imported into the EU. He believes that the circular economy is a key factor in the ambitious climate and environment commitments of the European Green Deal. European furniture industries strongly support the transition to a circular economy and are ready to get involved to make it a reality. However, a true circular economy can only be achieved through collaboration and requires the involvement of many actors, including politicians, industry, experts, academia and consumers.
EFIC participates in the EU social dialogue together with the European Federation of Construction and Wood Industries (EFBWW) and the European Confederation of Woodworking Industries (CEI-Bois).
More info -> https://efic.eu/
The cluster promotes and develops strategic projects at r&D and innovation level for the interested sectors. Reference topics are related to product, process, market innovation with the aim of enhancing production system competitiveness. Developed project ideas are linked with funding calls at regional, national and EU level.
dID operates in the intermediation between demand (manufacturing companies) and offer (research bodies, research infrastructures, professionals) of innovation for the development of projects for the individual company or systems of companies in terms of product, process and market innovation.
In 2017 the regional S3 has been updated with a specific activity carried out by dID with reference to the interiors/living environments system, leading to the 5 main scenarios of application:
1. Smart environments (Smart Environments) for well-being / health, safety and qualify spaces from an emotional, experiential and aesthetic point of view
2. Advanced materials (smart, functionalized and characterized) and with reduced environmental impact
3. Design Driven Innovation / design as a mediator of knowledge / design in its ability to make technological innovation immediately usable
4. Definition of new strategies and business models: production reorganization
5. Digital technologies (Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality, IoT, ...) for the improvement of the design, production, communication processes, including sales and after-sales services.