NEW EUROPEAN BAUHAUS - PRIZES
The New European Bauhaus prizes will celebrate the excellence of beautiful, sustainable and inclusive examples to inspire this new initiative of the European Union that President Ursula von der Leyen first announced during her 2020 State of the Union address.
Do you have an amazing project or idea that is beautiful, sustainable and inclusive? Send your application now!
The ten prize categories – from 'products and lifestyle', to 'reinvented places where to meet and share' – are all themed around the integration of the core pillars of the initiative. There will also be a specific 'New European Bauhaus Rising Stars' strand for each of the ten categories. It is open to under-30s and aims to support and encourage the younger generation to continue developing new ideas and exciting concepts integrating the three core values of the New European Bauhaus.
The application period is open until 31 May 2021.
Winners will receive cash prizes and a communication package to help them spread the message about their project.
Both EU and non-EU nationals can apply, as long as their ideas and projects are developed or physically located in the EU.
An evaluation committee will first assess the eligibility of all entries. There will then be an online public vote, open to all New European Bauhaus newsletter subscribers.
A jury made up of New European Bauhaus official partners will then assess the three projects with the most votes under each category and strand before the prizes are awarded by the evaluation Committee of the Commission.
How can I find out more?
Visit 2021 Prizes (europa.eu)
The cluster promotes and develops strategic projects at r&D and innovation level for the interested sectors. Reference topics are related to product, process, market innovation with the aim of enhancing production system competitiveness. Developed project ideas are linked with funding calls at regional, national and EU level.
dID operates in the intermediation between demand (manufacturing companies) and offer (research bodies, research infrastructures, professionals) of innovation for the development of projects for the individual company or systems of companies in terms of product, process and market innovation.
In 2017 the regional S3 has been updated with a specific activity carried out by dID with reference to the interiors/living environments system, leading to the 5 main scenarios of application:
1. Smart environments (Smart Environments) for well-being / health, safety and qualify spaces from an emotional, experiential and aesthetic point of view
2. Advanced materials (smart, functionalized and characterized) and with reduced environmental impact
3. Design Driven Innovation / design as a mediator of knowledge / design in its ability to make technological innovation immediately usable
4. Definition of new strategies and business models: production reorganization
5. Digital technologies (Mixed Reality / Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality, IoT, ...) for the improvement of the design, production, communication processes, including sales and after-sales services.